Friday 20 April 2012

Smart Home Protection


1420hrs 19/4/12. 

I received an unsolicited phone call today from this company offering me a ‘free’ intruder alarm system worth £1500; their telephone number was hidden until I insisted on knowing it.
This deal was conditional upon a promotional code which she would give me.
The lady persistently avoided my questions regarding the likely monthly cost of their maintenance agreement and went on to offer some kind of cover which may or may not be included in a typical home owners insurance.
They have a website at:-
http://www.smarthomeprotection.co.uk/  and the address and telephone number given to me by the caller coincides with that shown on the website.

Be Careful

Kineton Neighbourhood Watch 

PS All cold callers should be treated with extreme caution. Never sign up for any such service without getting alternative quotes and/or taking professional advice. Offers like the one above can involve very highly monthly charges. Crime prevention officers are available to give advice on home security.

No comments:

Post a Comment