Warwickshire Police are working to keep you safe as the darker nights draw in.
People across the Southam area can pick up security and crime prevention advice from one of the members of the Southam Safer Neighbourhood Team about the importance of not leaving their house in the dark.
Your Safer Neighbourhood team will also be patrolling in burglary hot spot areas, if no light is on in your home, curtains are not drawn, and no car is in the drive, it’s an obvious sign to an opportunist burglar that no-one is in. At this time of the year more than any other it pays to secure your home.
There are a number of simple and free ways to do this, all of which will help reduce the chance of your home becoming the next target.
- Visit a local retailer to pick up a 24 hour segment timer for under £5. The timer can be used with a lamp, radio or TV to give the impression that someone’s home. Remember to use an energy efficient light bulb
- Mark your property with SMART WATER, allowing your items to be traced back to yourself should they be stolen.
- Keep valuables out of sight
- Look your doors and windows, if you have a UPVC door make sure you have double locked it
- If you are away, ask a neighbour to open and close the curtains and remove any post from the front door daily
For any further information please contact the team on the details below.
on behalf of . . .
SOUTHAM FARM WATCH & NEIGHBOURHOOD WATCH
Southam Police Station
Tel : 01926 415000
Email : email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org