Wednesday 18 May 2011

Credit Card Fraud the sequel - Cloned again

I have just had my card details cloned for the second time in as many months. Fortunately the bank picked it up on both occasions so I haven't been left out of pocket but I have learnt a little about the way it all works. Having spoken to Trading Standards who transferred me to Consumer Direct who gave me the number to call Action Fraud (0300 123 2040) I finally got some sensible answers.
Apparently once the bank pick up the fraud there is no further action required by the consumer; they will collect the information and see if a particular business has a pattern of fraud and then they will pass this information to the police.
They also advised me to have a look at the CardWatch website which has a mine of information on the safe use of credit cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment